Deep Fried Sturgeon with Lemon and Herbs
600g sturgeon cut into strips
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp garlic granules
1 tsp fresh thyme chopped
1 tsp fresh dill chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
400g plain flour
Oil for deep-frying
1 lemon cut into quarters
Hot sauce and mayonnaise to serve
1. Place the sturgeon strips in a medium sized bowl, and then add the buttermilk, oregano, garlic granules, thyme, and dill. Season with salt and pepper and leave to marinade for 20 minutes.
2. Place the flour in a medium sized shallow dish, then coat the sturgeon strips one at a time and place in another shallow dish or tray.
3. Heat the oil in a fryer or medium sized saucepan to 180C. If using a saucepan, do not fill more than half way with oil.
4. When the oil is hot add the sturgeon one at a time until golden. You may need to do this in a couple of batches. Remove from the oil, and then drain on kitchen paper.
5. Serve the sturgeon with the lemon wedges, hot sauce and mayonnaise.